Canvas Studio Video if not subscribed

Jump to solution
michael_rosenbe
Community Member

From what I can tell, Canvas Studio hosts video in a completely separate server than video recorded or uploaded to a Canvas course (depending on how they are recorded, but should end up in the uploaded media files area).

For faculty who have recorded video in Studio, if the college does not renew the service, are those video files moved to the Canvas course files and still linked in the course? Or do they have to download/upload and relink manually?

I assume any annotations and quiz functions of Studio are removed from any video if it does remain in the course, but any clarification is appreciated.

0 Likes
1 Solution
Nicholas185Smit
Community Member

Hello BallSportsGear@michael_rosenbe,

According to the Canvas Studio for Higher Education page, Canvas Studio is a cloud-based video education platform that integrates with Canvas and allows users to create, share, and comment on media files. Canvas Studio also offers features such as video quizzes, analytics, and accessibility tools.

If your institution does not renew the Canvas Studio service, the video files that you have recorded or uploaded to Studio will not be automatically moved to the Canvas course files. You will need to download the video files from Studio and upload them to the Canvas course files manually. You can learn how to download and upload video files in Canvas here.

As you have assumed, any annotations and quiz functions of Studio will be removed from the video files if they are not hosted on Studio. These features are specific to the Studio platform and require a Studio account to access them. However, you can still use other Canvas tools to add comments, quizzes, and feedback to your video files.

I hope this answers your questions.

Best Regards

View solution in original post