Studio: seeing when a student viewed a video more than once

Jump to solution
EmilyRasberry
Community Member

I know that Instructors can go to insights to see the percentage of video a student has watched in studio. However, how does an Instructor see how many times they viewed the video and the percentage viewed each time? I have an instructor that requires students to view 100% of the video for a grade, but insight is only showing the last time they viewed it. This is a problem as they may have watched 100% previously and gone to a certain point on the second attempt to review specific information while studying. If this occurs, then it says that the student only watched 11%. The instructor wants to be able to see all viewing attempts and the amount watched. Is that possible?

0 Likes
1 Solution
NoahBoswell
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi @EmilyRasberry ,

To my knowledge, this is currently not a feature available with Canvas Studio.

Each time the student watches the video, the Insights will update depending on where they watched the video. For example, if the student only watched half of a video one day, it will show 50% on the insights. Then, the next day let's say they watch it again but watch the entire video this time, it won't tell you if they watch it a second time, however you'll be able to see that their percentage has been updated, and where they watched the video, but it will still include data from the first time they viewed it. It will not "redo" the percentage chart or anything each time they watch the video again.

Hope this helps,
Noah

View solution in original post