Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I start a conversation with the Canvas Virtual Assistant?

How do I start a conversation with the Canvas Virtual Assistant?

If enabled by your institution, you can use the Canvas Virtual Assistant to find answers to questions about Canvas. This guide displays some of the responses you may view when using the Virtual Assistant.

Notes:

Open Virtual Assistant

Open Virtual Assistant

In the Global Navigation Menu, click the Help link [1]. Then click the Canvas Support link [2].

View Virtual Assistant

View Virtual Assistant

To ask a question, type your question in the Message field [1], then click the Send icon [2].

To view a previous conversation, click the Chat History button [3].

View Guide Recommendations

View Guide Recommedation

Most questions posted in the Canvas Virtual Assistant result in guide recommendations that may provide an answer to your question.

To view a recommended lesson or video, click the title of the guide [1].

To view additional recommendations, click the Show More button [2].

View Course Information

View Course Information

If you asked a course-specific questions (e.g., "I can't find my course"), the Virtual Assistant may you to select your course. To select the course you are asking about, click the name of the course.

The Virtual Assistant displays information to help you find or learn more about your course.

View Help Resources

View Help Resources

If your question is about an external tool, the Virtual Assistant may recommend you visit an external help site.

To view the help site, click the link provided by the Virtual Assistant.

View Institution Message

View Institution Message

Some questions that do not relate to Canvas will receive a message that you need to reach out to your institution directly.

Contact Canvas Support

Contact Canvas Support

To contact Canvas Support, click the Contact Support button.

Was this article helpful? Yes No
Embed this guide in your Canvas course:

Note: You can only embed guides in Canvas courses. Embedding on other sites is not supported.