Course Pacing and Due Dates Visibility

NaomiRokos
Community Member

Hello! I'm very new to Canvas and very Excited about the Course Pacing option! My understanding is that it is still under development so I'm not sure if I'm missing something or if it hasn't evolved yet.  

Is it possible for the Admin and Teacher to see the Due Dates on the Assignments Tab? I know we can see it from course pacing - but it would be super helpful if it transferred there as well.  

Additionally - I'm not sure why, but the Due Dates don't show up on the student's view the first time I publish the Course Pacing.  I usually have to go back into the Course Pacing, again select the particular section (vs. the course itself) and hit Publish again.  This makes the Due Dates appear in the Student View of the Assignments Tab BUT it also then says I have multiple Due Dates (which I don't - or maybe because the "course" doesn't have Due Dates?). This message also appears for the Teacher. 

Anyway, If anyone can help me I would really appreciate it! 

All this said, I really hope there can be a link between the Assignments and Course Pacing as Course Pacing would save me a TON of time. 

Thanks!!