CD2 Ungraded Submissions

Jump to solution
DougWalker
Community Explorer

Howdy,

I use CD2 CLI to download CD2 tables. I then import into a database.

I am trying to set up a query to show all assignment submissions that are not yet graded.

It seems to me that the submissions table that I download using the CD2 CLI is not showing separate entries for multiple submissions of the same assignment by the same user.

For example, in Canvas LMS, in the gradebook for a course, I get something like the attached image. Where the first submission has been graded, and the second submission has not yet been graded. There are two submissions by the user though.

However, in the submissions table there is only one entry for this course/assignment/student combination.

Is this correct, or am I missing something?

If this is correct, what are the fields in this table I can use to determine the unmarked assignments?

Appreciate any advice.

0 Likes
1 Solution
Jeff_F
Community Champion

@DougWalker 

Had you looked over the field submissions.grade_matches_current_submission?

(bool | None) – A boolean flag which is false if the student has re-submitted since the submission was last graded. Valid only when a score has been assigned to a submission. This is set to false if a student makes a new submission to an already graded assignment. This is done to indicate that the current grade given by the teacher is not for the most recent submission by the student. It is set to true if a score has been given and there is no new submission. Defaults to NULL.

https://data-access-platform-api.s3.eu-central-1.amazonaws.com/tables/catalog.html#schemas.canvas.su... 

While I can see where there are additional attempts, with examples that are ungraded, I am not able to find any records show 'False' even though there are additional ungraded submissions.  I am seeing 90% True and 10% null in that field.

I am curious if anyone ever gets a 'False' here?

View solution in original post

0 Likes