Using CD2 to retrieve Grade History?

Jump to solution
r_layden
Community Explorer

Hi

I'm wanting to look at a grade history for a quiz that is over 365 days old.

I'm slowly coming to grips with Canvas Data 2 structures - but it's not immediately apparent if it's possible.

I can see that there is a scores table and a quiz_submissions table.

The latter one seems to have what I need (but it's pure guesswork)

| score_before_regrade | The original score of the quiz submission prior to any re-grading.

But none of the quizzes that I have seen regrades for actually populate this field (they're all NULL)

If anyone has any pointers I'd be really grateful (or perhaps I'm using the wrong tool?)

Cheers all

Rich

Labels (1)
1 Solution
stimme
Community Coach
Community Coach

@r_layden If you selected quiz_submissions records you believed were regraded and the score_before_regrade field was null, you are probably referring to a different type of regrading. The type of regrading that updates the "score_before_regrade" field is the adjustment of scores for all submissions by updating correct answers on automatically graded question types (seeHow do I regrade a Multiple Choice quiz question? ). The type of regrading that one would find in the Gradebook history would be the manual changes to points awarded to questions or fudge points through SpeedGrader one submission at a time; that type of change won't be save the prior grade to the score_before_regrade field.

I'm not aware of a CD2 table with the same record of grade changes as the Gradebook history tool.

View solution in original post