Grades not passing back into CANVAS Gradebook

Jump to solution
thomasb_cev
Community Member

Good evening Developers, 

First, Happy Friday!

I work for a digital curriculum provider and we are starting to see grades are not passing back into CANVAS Gradebook for a few customers. The majority of our customers are working normally and grades show up. We have confirmed with the customer that there isn't a firewall / internet filter related issue and the CANVAS. 

Is anyone aware of a CANVAS Administration option that could be blocking this feature. I feel like there is something in the configuration of this particular CANVAS customer. Unfortunately there is only one teacher and this particular school that is having this problem. We have confirmed the External Tool three times and the students are able to access the assignment, complete the assignment, the detailed summary is shown, and we can find the grade on our server. The grade is not being passed back to the teacher. 

If you need more detail please let me know and thank you for your time, 

Thomas E. Bennett

Labels (3)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Yes, for this particular issue the consumer key and shared secret wasn't provided to the content grader. So the grades were being passed back to us; but the end customer couldn't receive the grades from the content grader because of the missing consumer key and shared secret on the content grader side. 

I hope that makes sense and good luck with your issue. 

Thomas

View solution in original post

0 Likes