Announcements: Until Date not enforced when using a direct link

Jump to solution
audra_agnelly
Community Champion

I received a question about announcement visibility when the new Until Date was used. When testing as a student, I found that the announcement was no longer visible to a student on the Announcement Index page after the until date passed. That is what I would expect to happen when an Until Date is in use. However, if I access the announcement through it's direct link, such as the one in the announcement notification, I was able to open it without issue. I even see the "available until ..." text at the top of the announcement. I would expect students to receive a message such as "This announcement is no longer available", "This announcement has expired", etc.

Additionally, as an instructor I see the "posted on" date/time on the Index screen but no information about the until date unless I open an announcement. It would be helpful to have until dates included on the index screen, and even a separate tab/list/filter so instructors can clearly and quickly see which announcements are no longer visible to their students.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution
TamasBalogh
Instructure
Instructure

Hi @audra_agnelly

Thank you for your feedback. We already fixed this issue which will be deployed to the beta environment tomorrow and then to the production environment after that.

For the until date showing on the Announcements index page, can you please submit it as an idea

View solution in original post