Enhanced Rubrics - Many Questions

audra_agnelly
Community Champion

We haven't enabled the Enhanced Rubrics feature option for our instance yet, we do have it on in Beta. Aside from the Rubric builder, I'm a bit unclear as to what the enhancements are for End Users. 

1) I'm not sure why, but we've been getting quite a few questions about Rubrics this year and most have revolved around the Find a Rubric workflow. We have used Canvas for 10 years, teachers import their courses (and corresponding rubrics) from year to year. When go to Find a Rubric, they see all courses, end up pulling in a Rubric from an older course and then creating duplicates in the current one, and this just snowballs as the year goes on. I'd love for someone on the product team to tell me which course below is the teachers 24-25 course? Why does Find a Rubric even show all courses initially? Why doesn't it just show the Rubrics in the currently course by default with the option to select from a prior course with the term clearly labeled.

audra_agnelly_0-1728069849105.png

2) Why is the Rubric creation UI different when your create a Rubric from /rubrics vs when you edit a rubric attached to an assignment? I vastly prefer the new design, and if you're making the update it should be consistently implemented across the application.

3) Archiving - I commented on this back when the release notes came out. Instead of an answer I was told to put in in ticket 😠 I finally got around to submitting that: When I select the Archive option, I get an Error message with no further details why. I assume this is because the rubric shows Course and Assignments in the location column since I am able to archive rubrics that don't list that, but for the Delete options, which can't be selected when a rubric is in a course or assignment. So, either the Archiving function can be used and something is broken or it is not able to be used with these courses but is not disabled in the menu like Delete. I would also love for someone to share their use cases for Archive, I really don't understand what that option offers or when an instructor would choose to use it. 

4) Speedgrader Views - Traditional view is pretty rough to look at. Unless I adjust the width of the document previewer/grading panel, I can only read the test for the first criteria, the second criteria is cut off, and the criteria itself isn't word wrapping within its cell. Are there any plans to include a way to set a default preference in Speedgrader settings? I personally prefer the vertical view and would want my rubrics to default to that rather than having to change the setting each time I open Speedgrader.

Labels (1)