cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kehigh
Community Member

Editing Student's Name

Jump to solution

When sending an invitation to a new student, I accidentally misspelled her name when setting her up. Now I can't figure out how to edit her first name. The system allowed her to edit on her side, but the incorrect spelling still shows up on some screens, such as in GradeBook.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
A_Carlson
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

so here is a solution Deactivate the User then retype the email or SIS/Login ID then enter the student's name on your side I hope this helps you if you need any more help just direct message me 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
A_Carlson
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

so here is a solution Deactivate the User then retype the email or SIS/Login ID then enter the student's name on your side I hope this helps you if you need any more help just direct message me 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos

I tried that, but the old (bad) name is still linked to the student’s email. Keeps defaulting to that and won’t allow editing. 

If the deactivation solution does not work. Can you have the student edit their name under their own settings? Not under profile but under settings as there are three: 

This name will be used for grading.

People will see this name in discussions, messages and comments.

This name appears in sorted lists.

To get there have students click ACCOUNT> then SETTINGS> then EDIT SETTINGS> -- there are three places for their name to be edited. Make sure they save their settings or it will not save. (On a side note you can change Google accounts here too.) 

Since you are using the FFT, the student's accounts are their own so their name will be under their control. I am adding what you see when you edit the name in settings. I have to do this because my students have names in a different alphabet.