Zoom integration troubleshooting

Jump to solution
jdujat
Community Novice

I am a free Canvas user for some time. I need to go synchronous in a few weeks and want to link Zoom to Canvas. I go to setting and navigation, but do not have the option to add Zoom . I don't mind upgrading to get this option, but I can't seem to find that option either. 

Anyone have experience with this?

1 Solution
Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello  @jdujat ....

To be clear, you are using Canvas Free for Teachers, correct?  If so, Zoom is a third-party product that can integrate with Canvas.  It is normally set up at the account level by a school's local Canvas administrator, but I don't think that FFT accounts have access as administrators to set this up.  Further, I am not sure if FFT accounts allow you to integrate third-party LTIs like Zoom into individual courses.  The "Zoom" course navigation button would only be available in your course navigation if the integration had been set up by you or the Canvas administrator.  It's not an "out of the box" feature you get with Canvas.

At our school, we have purchased over 100 paid Zoom educational licenses to distribute to our instructors so they can hold online meetings with their students during this COVID-19 pandemic.  We have a paid account with Instructure, so our Zoom integration is set up at the account level.  Any instructor who wants a license through our department requests one from us.  We get their account set up, and then we provide them with instructions on how to enable the Zoom button in their courses so they can start scheduling meetings.

I hope this helps a bit, Jennifer.  Please let Community members know if you have any other questions about this.  Be well, stay safe.

View solution in original post

0 Likes