Instructure Con 2023 Recap

JasmineOguntuga
Community Participant

This was my first time attending a #InstructureCon conference. It was three amazing days filled with Moments of Learning, Moments of Joy, and Moments of Inspiration. One of the standout aspects of InstructureCon 2023 was its focus on "moments of learning." The conference featured presentations, and interactive sessions, all designed to innovative learning in education. The sold out conference was packed and saving your seat to attend a session was important. My top three sessions were centered around innovative ways to support teachers and personalize learning using Canvas. I am excited about the ideas and resources shared in: 

• Digital Content Stations - Using Canvas to Clone the Teacher Experience 
  • Wait! My LMS Can Do What? 
  • Mastering Content through Personalized Learning 

In addition to the focus on learning, the conference masterfully incorporated "moments of joy” It was evident that Instructure put a great deal of effort into creating an enjoyable and vibrant atmosphere. The expo hall was action packed with vendors, interactive photo ops, and engaging activities. The scavenger hunt pathway was so FUN!  It was also a chance to win swag and prizes. (Everyone loves swag)

Another moment of joy for me was meeting some of the #Canvasadvocates. Everyone was so nice and welcoming. It truly added to my conference experience and it was great to connect in person.  Morning Yoga with Apple Fitness+ Jonelle Lewis was also a highlight of joy for me! 

Last but not least,  InstructureCon 2023  cultivated "moments of inspiration.” Throughout the conference it was evident that Instructure is passionate about teaching and learning for ALL students.

“Your disability should not handicap your education.” Steve Townsend, SVP of Engineering. This quote resonated with me on so many levels. 

I’m thrilled about the future of Canvas related to accessibility and all of the new features that are to come. It’s going to really make teachers’ work easier and improve student success. I’m inspired to continue using the platform, encouraging teachers and being lead learner.

In conclusion, InstructureCon 2023 key takeaways for me were related to elevating student success, amplifying the power of teaching through technology and inspiring everyone to learn together. I learned a lot, and I’m looking forward to attending next year. Did you attend Instructure Con? If so share your experience below! What session was your favorite? What did you enjoy? 

Camp Canvas had smores!Camp Canvas had smores!

1 Comment