Add a Returned Icon in Addition to Missing

0 Likes
(5)

When students have missing work, there is a red "Missing" icon next to the X in their graded assignments.  Is it possible to have a red "Returned" or "Re-Do" icon added for work that students need to correct and resubmit?  I've taught them to look for the X's and check those assignments, but I think the "Returned" icon would help them better identify those assignments that are incomplete, etc.

7 Comments
CanvasDocTeam
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Open

wadecrystal12
Community Novice

Canvas needs to expand the drop down menu for grading to include an option to just unsubmit an assignment when the student submits nothing or a blank doc. In google classroom it was called "return to student without a grade" and it helped me TONS! 

kscherben
Community Explorer

This would be super beneficial to any school who used mastery or standards based grading practices that needed scholars to redo assignments. A "revision" tag could be extraordinarily helpful in communicating to students, families and mentors what work they can still make up. This would be a huge lift off of our teachers and support systems. 

b05781
Community Member

An option to "return assignment" to students would be very helpful.  I would like to be able to reassign things that students need to redo so that they show back up in their to-do list.  

JulieH105
Community Member

This would be a game changer, especially for classes that involve in-progress reviews and editing. Being able to put assignments back on to-do lists or return without a grade would mean less stress on young students, than entering zeros! This is a function of Google that I miss, using Canvas now. 

terri_weaver
Community Member

This would be great if it was attached to the "reassign assignment" button. Right now, that button doesn't do anything on the student's side of Canvas. I'm really not sure what it's there for. But if the teacher clicks that button, having a "re-do assignment" pop up for the student on their calendar or in their to-do would be helpful. 

ProductPanda
Instructure
Instructure
Status changed to: Archived
Comments from Instructure

As part of the new Ideas & Themes process, all ideas in Idea Conversations were reviewed by the Product Team. Any Idea that was associated with an identified theme was moved to the new Idea & Themes space. Any Idea that was not part of the move is being marked as Archived. This will preserve the history of the conversations while also letting Community members know that Instructure will not explore the request at this time.