Adding a correct answer to a FITB question after a quiz has been submitted.

0 Likes
(1)

After giving a "quiz" (I believe we have old quizzes), I realized there was an answer that many students would submit, that was also correct.  I was able to add another correct answer, but the change was not reflected in the question being "regraded" and counted correct.  Because of this I had to manually change more than half of my students' grades on that question manually (around 50), which I feel could've been easily handled by Canvas allowing for a regrade when new answers are submitted by the instructor.  Is this an option that can be added?

1 Comment
Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Status changed to: Archived

@KathrynB 

Thanks for sharing this idea. As it is directed at Classic (Old) Quizzes, we aren't able to move it forward for broader conversation: our product teams are no longer developing new functionality on the code base for Old (Classic) Quizzes, which is scheduled to be deprecated early next year.

The regrading process for New Quizzes is detailed in How do I regrade an assessment question in New Quizzes?  . Once you start using New Quizzes in your live courses, please feel free to come back and share ideas based on that experience. 

Thanks again!