Change how/when users get Product Tours and New User Tutorials

0 Likes
(2)

There are times during typical use of Canvas that either the Product Tour pop-ups or the New User Tutorial pop-ups will be triggered.

For example, users who access Canvas using incognito (or similar) browsing windows will encounter this and users who follow good digital security and privacy practices (such as clearing browsing data regularly) will also encounter this.

If Canvas could store the "opt-out" flag/information in a different way, this annoyance could be reduced.

4 Comments
CanvasDocTeam
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Open

BYRNE1
Community Novice

I second this. And on behalf of my childrenś elementary school, I third, fourth, fifth and beyond this. THere is already enough clicking through. GIve an easy opt out please.

dfairweather
Community Member

I agree. For confident users the popouts are frustrating.  We are reluctant to turn it off at site level as they are useful for new users.

ProductPanda
Instructure
Instructure
Status changed to: Archived
Comments from Instructure

As part of the new Ideas & Themes process, all ideas in Idea Conversations were reviewed by the Product Team. Any Idea that was associated with an identified theme was moved to the new Idea & Themes space. Any Idea that was not part of the move is being marked as Archived. This will preserve the history of the conversations while also letting Community members know that Instructure will not explore the request at this time.