Completion Check Marks for Pages and Assignments

0 Likes
(1)

It could be handy/useful if there were little check marks on the side of each section/page of a course page showing if students have visited a section, a page, or have completed an assignment. I believe the gradebook has something like this but only for missed assignments. It might be handy to have a little (green, yellow, blue, whatever color) check mark indicating if students have visited a page or done an assignment.

This could provide a quick "at-a-glance" or progress view of what has been done and what has yet to be done.

Tags (1)
4 Comments
Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Status changed to: Moderating

@emc2  Are you requesting this from an instructor or student perspective? Instructors can view students' progress through modules as outlined in How do I use modules to view the progress of stude... - Canvas Community .

Thanks!

dhenry8
Community Member

Interesting.  I woke up this morning with this idea:

1. Place a check box at the end of each page in the module that the student can check when they have completed the page
  2. Place a bookmark icon on the home page.  When this is pressed, it takes the student to the next page that is not yet checked.
Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

@dhenry8 The author of this idea was suggesting this from the perspective of a teacher, and the modules progress functionality is an excellent way for teachers to gauge specific students' course progress.

The best way to get conversation started around your own idea is to write and submit it as new after searching for existing ideas to support that might align with what you're hoping to see, and after reading through How do I create a new idea conversation in the Canvas Community?

Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Status changed to: Archived