Connect quiz rubrics to grade book

0 Likes
(3)

I'm frustrated that although rubric scores will automatically populate the grade book when evaluating Discussion posts, they don't do so for quizzes.  I still have to enter point values into the quiz for each question, instead of grading the quiz by simply clicking the rubric boxes. Although the rubric total appears, I have to enter either enter points for each quiz question individually, or leave speed grader to enter the quiz score in the grade book. I'm grading hundreds of quizzes and this is very time consuming. It seems to defeat the purpose of using the rubric tool.

5 Comments
nathanatkinson
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Open

danza
Community Member

Completely agree.  We need this change.

zebabw
Community Novice

I 100% agree -- this is an important feature for quizzes

jessmeyer
Community Member

Now that canvas is being used more widely this is incredibly necessary.  I have over 100 students who write at least twice a week -- I have to grade each short answer with the rubric I have attached and then manually update the points for them in the "quiz" window.  That's an incredible waste of my time.  Please move this to the top of your development queue.

ProductPanda
Instructure
Instructure
Status changed to: Archived
Comments from Instructure

As part of the new Ideas & Themes process, all ideas in Idea Conversations were reviewed by the Product Team. Any Idea that was associated with an identified theme was moved to the new Idea & Themes space. Any Idea that was not part of the move is being marked as Archived. This will preserve the history of the conversations while also letting Community members know that Instructure will not explore the request at this time.