Deleting a rubric - pop up window

0 Likes

Every time you delete a rubric and go back to the rubrics site the “pop up” window shows up.  Don’t need to see it every time.  We know it's important to help the students, but very annoying to have to "hide" it every time.

Tags (2)
5 Comments
Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Status changed to: Moderating

@DebraTrigoboff 

Thanks for sharing this feedback. Are you deleting a rubric from the Rubrics page? Each time I did that, an "Are you sure?" warning modal displayed during the deletion process:

Are you sure you want to delete this rubric? This action will remove this rubric association from all assignments in the current course, and delete any existing associated assessments.

The modal no longer appeared after I confirmed the action, nor did it reappear when I navigated away and back to the Rubrics page.

Would you please capture a screencast of the behavior and send it to Canvas Support (How do I get help with Canvas as an instructor?)?

DebraTrigoboff
Community Member

No, not the "are you sure" message.  I'm talking about the window that slides out from the right telling users why rubrics are important and how to add them.  The "help" windows should just pop out once if we are continuing to work on that page.  Or why not just leave it "hidden" and then if we need help click on the tab and have it pop out.

Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

@DebraTrigoboff The box you've described is not a feature that is native to Canvas. It's possible that your school has implemented a contextual help feature. Would you please use one of the contact links in your help menu to ask about it?

Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Status changed to: Archived

Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

@DebraTrigoboff  In the course of our product managers' regular review of ideas and comments, one pointed out to me that the slide-out modal to which you're referring here might be associated with the New User Tutorial. If that's the case, you should be able to turn that off in your user settings.