[Discussions] Filter discussion comments by read or unread

0 Likes

Would be great to quickly be able to view comments that you haven't already seen as opposed to having to scroll through and look for the little blue dot. 

8 Comments
KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Moderating

Hi!

Are you using classic or the redesign for discussions? In either case, you can sort by "unread" and "all". Are you looking to separate the "read" ones?

How do I view Discussions as a student? 

How do I view and sort discussion replies in Discussions Redesign as a student? 

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team

Hi @jlopiccolo -

It's been a couple of weeks since you posted your idea in the Community. I hope you are doing well! If you are unable to provide an update regarding this idea by July 19, we will need to archive it to help the Community Team focus on current Ideas. If you need more time, that's okay too! Providing an update before that time would be helpful and appreciated. 

jlopiccolo
Community Member
Author

"you can sort by "unread" and "all". "

How? I called support and they said that they do not support this functionality and I do not see it anywhere. I don't see any option to choose classic or redesign for discussions either. 

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team

In our documentation, it is marked as filter conversations, but it is possible. I created URLs that will jump to the section in each resource.

How do I view Discussions as a student? - Instructure Community

How do I view and sort discussion replies in Discu... - Instructure Community

This will leave only those items visible, so it won't organize them with the unread at the top followed by those that you've read. If you'd like that (sort vs. filter), your proposed idea can open. 🙂

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team

HI @jlopiccolo -

We know life can get busy, yet if we don't hear from you by August 2, we will archive this thread so we can better focus on current requests as we prepare for our time of year. Thanks!

jlopiccolo
Community Member
Author

This feature is absolutely not here, I checked your links. It does not apply to my faculty interface. I do not see anywhere the drop down menus and canvas phone support confirmed this functionality is not there. 

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Open

Hi @jlopiccolo -

Thank you for the follow-up. The drop-down is in the overall Discussions menu, not in an individual thread. I appreciate the time you spent clarifying your need. Your idea is now Open.

ProductPanda
Instructure
Instructure
Status changed to: Archived