Do not let drag and drop area disappear

0 Likes
(2)

Current state: The Drag and Drop feature in Modules disappears on next visit as soon as a Module contents is added. 

Proposal: Just do NOT let this valuable feature disappear, if there is already content on next visit of Modules page

9 Comments
Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Status changed to: Moderating

@AndreMastmeyer 

Thanks for sharing this feedback. Could you provide details of the workflow you're following? I tried to replicate what you've described by adding a new module and then adding various pieces of content to it (first a file, then two assignments, a quiz, and a discussion); each time I did so, the Drag and Drop area remained visible.

Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Status changed to: Open

Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

@AndreMastmeyer Update: I've changed the status on this to Open for Conversation, as I now see the request is specific to the process that occurs after the instructor/designer has navigated away from the modules. Sorry for any confusion my initial reply might have caused!

HopeFitzgerald
Community Member

Agreeing with the original poster.

As soon as any content (file, page, assignment) is added to a Module, and the Modules page is refreshed or reopened, the drag/drop space under that module disappears.

This is very frustrating for users expecting to use the drag and drop workflow. Adding files via the (+) icon is not as convenient and we hear faculty complaints about this.

ShelleyTaka
Community Novice

I agree.  The drag/drop space under that module disappears after I have uploaded my files. I am not able to drag in more files or make changes.  

jfox5
Community Explorer

We have noticed this as well. Hopefully there is progress on what triggers the drag and drop to no longer be accessible in modules.

jfox5
Community Explorer

We have noticed this as well. Hopefully there is progress to fix what triggers the drag and drop to no longer be accessible in modules.

ProductPanda
Instructure
Instructure
Comments from Instructure

As part of the new Ideas & Themes process, all ideas in Idea Conversations were reviewed by the Product Team. Any Idea that was associated with an identified theme was moved to the new Idea & Themes space. Any Idea that was not part of the move is being marked as Archived. This will preserve the history of the conversations while also letting Community members know that Instructure will not explore the request at this time.

ProductPanda
Instructure
Instructure
Status changed to: Archived
Comments from Instructure

As part of the new Ideas & Themes process, all ideas in Idea Conversations were reviewed by the Product Team. Any Idea that was associated with an identified theme was moved to the new Idea & Themes space. Any Idea that was not part of the move is being marked as Archived. This will preserve the history of the conversations while also letting Community members know that Instructure will not explore the request at this time.