Enable some student-settings at the course leve

0 Likes
(1)

I have a number of students in every class that require special accommodations, such as extra time.  At present, I have to go into each quiz to grant the extra time.  It would be great to have a course-level setting where I can grant 50% extra time on Quizzes (or other course components) for students A, B, and C, and maybe 100% extra time for students D and E.   This way, regardless of the length of a given quiz, the additional time will automatically be granted up front based on the percentage set.

1 Comment
Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Status changed to: Archived

@gpapkov 

Thanks for sharing this idea, which sounds specific to how instructors give students accommodations using Classic (Old) Quizzes. You'll be happy to know that in New Quizzes, accommodations are designed just as you'd hope: an instructor can set a specific time adjustment (in this case, a time multiplier) for a single student across all of the quizzes in the course. Please read through  How do I add assessment accommodations for a stude...  with specific reference to the section that starts with Open Accommodation Settings.

Our product teams are no longer developing new functionality on the code base for Classic Quizzes, which is scheduled for deprecation, so we've archived this idea. The resources in the New Quizzes User Group will help you get started with the new quiz tool; if you don't see the ability to enable the new quiz tool in the settings area of your course, please reach out to your local Canvas admin for guidance on its availability at your school.

Thanks!