Expand supported variables in custom Certificates of Completion

(4)

Currently, there are a limited number of supported variables in custom certificates that allow admins to automatically import data from Catalog. It would be lovely if this list was expanded to include other pieces of information stored in the course/program card, specifically the number of credits, which is a mandatory component for many continuing education licensure programs. 345431_Screen Shot 2020-04-20 at 4.59.44 PM.png

6 Comments
birger_eriksson
Community Participant

I support this Idea!

Please also add student_email as variable
Sometimes name is not enough to identify a person on a certificate. We would like to be able to add student e-mail address.

taevans
Community Explorer

I also support this idea! 

It would be great to be able to pull in user defined fields from registration into a certificate. For many of our use cases we need to include a user's professional license number, which we capture during user registration. Being able to include that and possibly other registration fields would be a great feature to add.

birger_eriksson
Community Participant

I agree with @taevans! User defined fields would be lovely in certificates!

RonJohnson
Community Member

has anyone figure out a work-around to expose extra variables for the certificate, either via API call, etc?

I got to assume there is a way to get this data out as it already exists in the system.

DanielleLewis1
Community Member

I support this idea as well!  Being able to pull in more data fields would be very beneficial.

ProductPanda
Instructure
Instructure
Status changed to: Archived
Comments from Instructure

As part of the new Ideas & Themes process, all ideas in Idea Conversations were reviewed by the Product Team. Any Idea that was associated with an identified theme was moved to the new Idea & Themes space. Any Idea that was not part of the move is being marked as Archived. This will preserve the history of the conversations while also letting Community members know that Instructure will not explore the request at this time.