Favorite Courses on Top Level Menu in InBox

0 Likes

In the InBox.   I would very much like my favorite courses to be on the top level choose course drop down menu.   It would be nice if it were like the Courses pop out menu on the Main Canvas menu (favorites are on the top level with a button for all courses). Also, the Select Course label doesn't need to appear an additional time.  I do like that we can send messages by class sections and other filters.InBox.pngCourses.png

3 Comments
Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Status changed to: Open

PhilipMoberg
Community Novice

The icon ("tile") names appear in no recognizable, random order in the InBox Favorites window. The order doesn’t reflect the sequence of course icons displayed in the Canvas home page. Is there a way to sort these in Favorites so that I can control the groups that will appear at the top of the Favorites without having to scroll down every single time I want to send an email? Apparently, others have made the same request (see https://community.canvaslms.com/t5/Idea-Conversations/Favorite-Courses-in-Inbox/idi-p/445983) but no action has been taken. Given the frequency of Inbox use, this is a chronically annoying feature. Please address!!!

Thanks,

-Phil

ProductPanda
Instructure
Instructure
Status changed to: Archived
Comments from Instructure

As part of the new Ideas & Themes process, all ideas in Idea Conversations were reviewed by the Product Team. Any Idea that was associated with an identified theme was moved to the new Idea & Themes space. Any Idea that was not part of the move is being marked as Archived. This will preserve the history of the conversations while also letting Community members know that Instructure will not explore the request at this time.