Grade Book Columns

Sometimes it's impossible to adjust the width of grade columns. Instead of changing the width, it just moves the columns. Would it be possible to adjust the columns in the Canvas grade book in the same way that a column may be adjusted in MS Excel, specifically, by entering a value for the width? Maybe even entering one value that gets applied to all the columns at once? That way, one could easily make a quick adjustment and see more (if not all) of the columns in one view, for organizational tasks.

4 Comments
awilliams
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

Hi,  @englishskills50 . I understand that you're experiencing some challenges resizing the Gradebook columns with your cursor. However, I am not sure what this idea is suggesting to change the existing functionality. To move an idea forward for voting it should follow the guidelines in https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-14904 Feel free to modify this idea and we can evaluate it again. For now, I will place it in a moderating stage.

One thing I can suggest that may help with using your cursor to accurately resize a Gradebook column is to use your browser's zoom functionality which may make it easier to "grab" the column borders.

englishskills50
Community Explorer
Author

Thank you, Adam.

My suggestion is to add a function that will allow adjustment of the column size by entering a value, rather than by cursor interface--the same way one may adjust the width of a column in MS Excel by entering a value, not just by use the cursor.

Yes, I tried to zoom in on the browser, but that didn’t work.

awilliams
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Comments from Instructure

As part of the new Ideas & Themes process, all ideas in Idea Conversations were reviewed by the Product Team. Any Idea that was associated with an identified theme was moved to the new Idea & Themes space. Any Idea that was not part of the move is being marked as Archived. This will preserve the history of the conversations while also letting Community members know that Instructure will not explore the request at this time.

ProductPanda
Instructure
Instructure
Status changed to: Archived