Gradebook column colors

0 Likes
(2)

It would be helpful if the background color for Canvas gradebook columns could be set by the user.  Different categories of grades (quizzes vs homework vs labs, etc.) could be color-coded to improve accessibility.  

The current assignment-status colors could be modified to make the background color darker or adding a darkened box around the assignment for different situations (late, missing, etc.)

If both the background-color and grade-status options can't be implemented simultaneously, then it would be nice to have the option to choose between them.  Currently, for me, the column background colors option would be more useful than the grading-status colors option.

Thanks

7 Comments
Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Status changed to: Open

Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

Thanks for sharing this idea, @richard_clark . A request for additional color options for statuses is already the topic of conversation at  Gradebook status color picker so we'll move this forward as a request for user-customizable column colors.

richard_clark
Community Member

Thanks!

FCS
Community Novice

It would be ideal if we could color code assignments so one color for assignments, one color for quizzes, one color for labs.  That would help expedite grading as we can zero in on that color that we assigned that group.

thanks

ErikaWeight
Community Member

I would love to have my gradebook color coded.

This way I could have all "Bell work" together.

And "Quizzes" and "Speeches" one. Currently there is just an extra column with each group, which is not that useful.

But if quizzes were all pink, they could all be together and easy to see. And we wouldn't have to have that useless dumb column.

Lalicker
Community Member

This would be so helpful when a studnet needs to know something about a grade and I could just look at grades in that color.

PLEASE, consider this to help instructors.

ProductPanda
Instructure
Instructure
Status changed to: Archived
Comments from Instructure

As part of the new Ideas & Themes process, all ideas in Idea Conversations were reviewed by the Product Team. Any Idea that was associated with an identified theme was moved to the new Idea & Themes space. Any Idea that was not part of the move is being marked as Archived. This will preserve the history of the conversations while also letting Community members know that Instructure will not explore the request at this time.