How You View Grades

0 Likes
(1)

I have courses in Canvas that I am currently enrolled in but are not actual classes nor have grades. I wish I could choose which courses are on my "Grades" page because there's too much there right now. 

3 Comments
Renee_Carney
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Open

@smmulle1 

It sounds like you are using the 'view grades' button to the right side of the dashboard.  This will show a collection of all of your courses.

You can however narrow this down by going into a course and clicking grades.

Lana_B
Community Member

The View Grades button is presented next to the Dashboard Card View. I feel it will be more consistent if the Coming Up list and the View Grades only show assignments coming up and grades of the courses that appear in the Card View, not all courses.

I am observing about twenty students. Each of them attend five to six different courses on average. So I have like a hundred courses in All Courses. I star the courses that I want to focus on, and these courses will appear in my Dashboard Card View. The Coming Up list becomes too long for me to be useful. The View Grades is long as well, and I wonder how the entries here are sorted. The list of grades appear to be in random sequence. The grades are not sorted by student name, nor by grade. I really can't tell, and there is no clear indication. 

ProductPanda
Instructure
Instructure
Status changed to: Archived
Comments from Instructure

As part of the new Ideas & Themes process, all ideas in Idea Conversations were reviewed by the Product Team. Any Idea that was associated with an identified theme was moved to the new Idea & Themes space. Any Idea that was not part of the move is being marked as Archived. This will preserve the history of the conversations while also letting Community members know that Instructure will not explore the request at this time.