Improve "Report a Problem" function in Canvas Help Menu

0 Likes
(2)

Many districts choose to turn off the ability to share files from Microsoft OneDrive, Microsoft SharePoint or Google Drive to people outside of their district organization due to security reasons for protecting student data.

This makes it extremely difficult for teachers to be specific and provide detailed information about the problems they are experiencing with Canvas. This is because when you submit a support ticket, you must attach any resources via a link only.

If teachers are not able to share files from the district's cloud-based storage platform, we cannot guarantee that teachers have access to, or utilize, an additional storage system that generates a link. It just creates ANOTHER step that a teacher must figure out which can be frustrated when they are already dealing with one problem. 

This becomes the most negative aspect of submitting a support ticket we hear from teachers when we direct them to this option for support.

6 Comments
taitl
Community Member

A student sent me screen shots of a discrepancy between Canvas indicating a submission was “Successfully submitted!” but then showed it as missing on the Grades page after the due date. I can’t easily share these screenshots with Canvas when reporting the problem. 

Community Member

It would be nice to have a "file upload" option in order to provide Canvas as much information as possible when submitting a support ticket!

whuriaux
Community Member

I agree, having a "file upload" option in order to provide Canvas as much information as possible when submitting a support ticket would be great!

Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Status changed to: Open

t_furnell
Community Explorer

I completely agree - even if there's a really tight file size limit, at least allowing text files (e.g. logs) and images would vastly improve access to help.

Another "improvement" I'd like to highlight is to retain any text you've typed in the support ticket form whenever you inadvertently close the Help tab. It's infuriating to have to complete it all again when you return to the support form and find it to be empty, just because you clicked anywhere outside the tab. Please vote on this too (once it's out of quarantine).

ProductPanda
Instructure
Instructure
Status changed to: Archived
Comments from Instructure

As part of the new Ideas & Themes process, all ideas in Idea Conversations were reviewed by the Product Team. Any Idea that was associated with an identified theme was moved to the new Idea & Themes space. Any Idea that was not part of the move is being marked as Archived. This will preserve the history of the conversations while also letting Community members know that Instructure will not explore the request at this time.