Keep module sections collapsed

0 Likes
(1)

In the Student app of Canvas for phones (I have an iPhone), the modules tab of each course is divided into sections by week. I only want to view the week my child is on so I collapse all of the other weeks. However, when I login each day and/or each week (I cant remember when it happens), all of the week sections are uncollapsed again. It would be nice if the app could keep the sections that I’ve already collapsed to stay that way, unless I do otherwise.

4 Comments
nathanatkinson
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Open

Consider also adding your thoughts to this related feature idea: https://community.canvaslms.com/t5/Idea-Conversations/Modules-Display-as-Collapsed-by-Default/idi-p/..., which is fairly similar to what you're suggesting. Another recently released feature that won't completely resolve this issue but should help is the new Collapse All button on the Modules page (see more here: How do I view Modules as a student?)

Thanks!

Ashley-D
Community Member
Author

I should have specified that this problem only occurs on the phone app.

nathanatkinson
Community Team
Community Team

@Ashley-D ok, that makes sense. Can you please edit your original idea to mention that this idea is for the Canvas Parent app? Thanks!

ProductPanda
Instructure
Instructure
Status changed to: Archived
Comments from Instructure

As part of the new Ideas & Themes process, all ideas in Idea Conversations were reviewed by the Product Team. Any Idea that was associated with an identified theme was moved to the new Idea & Themes space. Any Idea that was not part of the move is being marked as Archived. This will preserve the history of the conversations while also letting Community members know that Instructure will not explore the request at this time.