Low Grade, Poor Attendance, Non-Submitted Attendance, Low Participation Warning

0 Likes

Would greatly assist student success to have a feature that sends a warning to students with low grades, poor attendance, non-submitted assignment and/or poor participation status.

A simple flashing red button, highlighted text or a klaxon horn will suffice.

Some students need "reminders" to participate in a course.

🔎 This idea has been archived. While this idea isn't open for comments, it is an important part of Instructure’s idea conversations and development process. Contributions like this are valuable as Instructure prioritizes work on new or existing features.

1 Comment
KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Archived

Hi @christy1 -

There's a lot to this request! This idea sounds a lot like Make Course Alert Function which was archived in early 2021. You're definitely not alone with the request and with recognizing the value of reminding students of required course activities and/or participation.

I think there are some ideas open and some existing features that can help you. While not everything is automatic, there are tools available to help teachers.

What is New Analytics? 

How do I send a message to an individual student in New Analytics? 

How do I send a message to all students based on specific course criteria in New Analytics? 

How do I send a message to students from the Gradebook? 

Automatic due date reminder notifications 

From here, I think the best next step would be to create an idea that enhances the existing functions in New Analytics. 

Thanks for being an advocate for your students!