Make editing ePortfolio pages more user friendly

(2)

In ePortfolios the Rich Content Editor is a bare bones version--no buttons to record media, no emoticons for comments, no way to switch to Html editor (for those of us who like things EXACTLY the way we want them). I want students to be able to vlog in ePortfolios without having to import from elsewhere and to be able to resize photos. 

5 Comments
margaux_devos
Community Explorer

The Rich content editor functionalities for the comments on the ePortfolio would help us to use the comments for proper feedback and make use of lay-out options and media tools for giving feedback on the portfolio. 

nfreebern1
Community Member

We want to use the ePortfolio as an assessment tool.  The record/upload media button would be great to have for self-reflection, audio recordings, etc.  I am curious as to why the GUI is different for the ePortfolio.  Please make it have the same functions as the rest of this tool.

teresa_mcallist
Community Member

ePortfolio is an awesome feature. I have students create a portfolio of signature assignments and reflections. It would be great if they could record a video introduction using Studio or the Record/Upload Media tool that is available on typical pages in Canvas.  The features on the pages in ePortfolio are very limited. 

Mister_Poe
Community Member

ePortfolio needs to improve its rich content editor. Just import the same content editor that's in Pages!

ProductPanda
Instructure
Instructure
Status changed to: Archived
Comments from Instructure

As part of the new Ideas & Themes process, all ideas in Idea Conversations were reviewed by the Product Team. Any Idea that was associated with an identified theme was moved to the new Idea & Themes space. Any Idea that was not part of the move is being marked as Archived. This will preserve the history of the conversations while also letting Community members know that Instructure will not explore the request at this time.