Need ability to create an "Assign to" template to apply quickly for future assignments

0 Likes

All my classes have multiple connected lab or discussion sections (14-16), and most assignments due dates/times are applied based on the student section day/time.  This creates a huge hassle every term for every class, because the import function does not carry over assigned due dates by section. 

I have to create 14-16 different "Assign to" sections and click or type in the different days and times for each.  The weekly days/times that assignments are due is consistent, but I have to manually do this for every section for multiple assignments every week.  The amount of time wasted on assigning multiple sections to each assignment every term and every year is getting unbearable. 

It would be great if there could be an "Assign to" template or scheme that I could create one time (maybe somewhere in settings) that could then be applied quickly in the assignment edit page.  Maybe a drop down at the top of the "Assign to" area to pick the template to apply.  I imagine checking or selecting that option and then all 14 sections with their due days/times appearing below.  

Please make this happen!  

4 Comments
Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Status changed to: Open

angeline_black
Community Novice

I use Canvas at the high school level, and I teach 6 classes per day. For many assignments, I need to be able to see what the student has accomplished WITHIN my class period. Currently, the option to go through and assign a different "due date" to each of my 6 sections is very time consuming. I would like to have the option to make different due dates for different sections part of my default assignment settings just like the current "11:59pm" setting is for ALL sections.

tle1
Community Member

This is one of the most frustrating and stupidest bugs.

Dates should be carried over when copying regardless of who it is assigned to.

ProductPanda
Instructure
Instructure
Status changed to: Archived
Comments from Instructure

As part of the new Ideas & Themes process, all ideas in Idea Conversations were reviewed by the Product Team. Any Idea that was associated with an identified theme was moved to the new Idea & Themes space. Any Idea that was not part of the move is being marked as Archived. This will preserve the history of the conversations while also letting Community members know that Instructure will not explore the request at this time.