New Quizzes: Do not automatically grade open-ended questions as zero

0 Likes

I know there are already posts about this, but last time I posted a new thread, my post was simply added to an older thread. And, I'll be honest, it felt very dismissive to be simply tossed onto the pile of complaints dating back almost two years. 

I'm writing this because I want an answer. Are the developers working on this? I won't accept simply being redirected to the old thread. I want an answer.

To be clear, this is the issue (copy-pasted from my older post):

In Canvas New Quizzes, open-ended questions are automatically graded as zero until the instructor assigns a different grade. I already know the workarounds for this problem, but it should not be a problem that needs workarounds in the first place. After all, it is clear that no instructor would ever want the questions to be graded this way.

Tags (1)
1 Comment
Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Status changed to: Archived

@djc29 

Thanks for sharing this idea; as you've probably seen, the request for this is already the topic of discussion at New Quizzes should not *automatically* grade writt... - Canvas Community. Our product team is currently putting the finishing touches on the 2021 roadmap generally and specifically with regard to upcoming enhancements to the new quiz too. As they occur, our team will post updates to the New Quizzes Timeline Overview - Canvas Community;  please subscribe to that page to keep informed of progress.

We've archived this idea so that the conversation can remain unified in the existing thread.