Open/Unopened Content

0 Likes
(2)

Good Morning/Afternoon,

If possible please add a feature to make clearly visible what content has been opened/unopened by a user. Newly-posted/unopened content posted in the home page/modules could be bolded while opened content would be plain text. Or there could be a check mark beside opened content. This could be an optional setting in the feature options section of User settings.

This would help me as a student to keep better track of what content I have not reviewed yet. This would be very appreciated.

Thank you for your time.

4 Comments
ChaseKempen
Community Member

I noticed there is even a section in this website's general settings for "Mark posts as read" under preferences but not for the courses area of Canvas. Hopefully a similar feature can be integrated into canvas. Thanks again!

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Open

eoEgerton
Community Member

This would be a very helpful way to track learner engagement.

ProductPanda
Instructure
Instructure
Status changed to: Archived
Comments from Instructure

As part of the new Ideas & Themes process, all ideas in Idea Conversations were reviewed by the Product Team. Any Idea that was associated with an identified theme was moved to the new Idea & Themes space. Any Idea that was not part of the move is being marked as Archived. This will preserve the history of the conversations while also letting Community members know that Instructure will not explore the request at this time.