[Permissions] Limit Access to Commons from Specific Users

0 Likes
(4)

At our university, we have student employees who work as TAs or Course Builders. They are added to courses as TA, Designer, or Teacher (depending on their role for the project). These students are also often given sandbox sites in which they have the role of Teacher.

These students automatically have access to Commons which poses Academic Integrity issues as faculty share quizzes, assignments, etc. in Commons.

We'd like to see options where student employees cannot gain access to Commons.

4 Comments
KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Open

LizetteFoley
Community Explorer

Completely agree.  Students should be able to create content without having access to the commons.  

Gregory_Putman
Community Participant

Strongly agree and am somewhat surprised that something like this is left to social media up votes instead of being dealt with immediately since it is regarding student access to content they shouldn't have access to.  I'll have to see if I can interact with a TA in a way to assess if mine have access that I don't want - without tipping my hat...  Please address this issue as soon as possible.  I'd really appreciate a dashboard where I can customize what my TAs have and do not have access to.

ProductPanda
Instructure
Instructure
Status changed to: Archived
Comments from Instructure

As part of the new Ideas & Themes process, all ideas in Idea Conversations were reviewed by the Product Team. Any Idea that was associated with an identified theme was moved to the new Idea & Themes space. Any Idea that was not part of the move is being marked as Archived. This will preserve the history of the conversations while also letting Community members know that Instructure will not explore the request at this time.