Please please please stop changing professors' dates!

0 Likes

Please please please stop running processes that change our dates!  We do in fact enter the dates we want, and if a pattern of assignments is disrupted by a college holiday, or the semester happening to end on a Tuesday, the only role of Canvas should be to display the dates as entered.  Please stop running processes after semesters have begun that change our published dates.

Also, if there are multiple areas where dates can be manually changed, the SAVE should be preserved from ALL of those areas.  It is horribly poor design to allow due dates to be changed in as many as four different screens but only actually save the change from one screen, with no indication anywhere in Canvas that that is the only "real" edit screen.

🔎 This idea has been archived. While this idea isn't open for comments, it is an important part of Instructure’s idea conversations and development process. Contributions like this are valuable as Instructure prioritizes work on new or existing features.

Tags (2)
2 Comments
KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Moderating

Hi @am24993 -

I do not feel that these changes are deliberate. I wonder if things are being cached somehow. Have you worked with Canvas Support on this issue? I feel that collaborating with them will help everyone better understand what's going on and also clearly identify the best "next steps". 

How do I contact Canvas Support? 

If you work with Support, please let the Community know! We'll keep this idea in Moderation for 2-weeks.

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Archived