Portability of Canvas Studio Media with Quizzes

(3)

For those of us who teach the same course in multiple school districts (hello, adjuncts!), it would be very helpful to be able to have Canvas Studio media fully portable. Currently to transfer a media file, you need to download it (and separately download the caption file), then upload it (again, separately uploading the caption file). Any quiz that was built into it does not come with it and would need to be recreated from scratch. (Sharing it to the Commons does not work at all.)

5 Comments
jasoncrump
Community Member

+1.

My piggyback, in simple terms:

1) Share Video Quiz questions along with video.

2) Share subtitles along with video.

mclarkemiller
Community Member

Should be able to download video plus a separate caption file 

and yes adjuncts teaching across systems is an issue - should be a way to port across systems in canvas

alward
Community Participant

We should be able to create a quiz in more that just the Uploads files.  If an instructor shares a Studio file they cannot create a quiz because it doesn't show up in uploads.

dahl_kristin
Community Member

Yes.  If I take the time to make a video quiz, I do want to be able to share it with colleagues.  Please! 

Also, an option to block fast forward would be great too!

ProductPanda
Instructure
Instructure
Status changed to: Archived
Comments from Instructure

As part of the new Ideas & Themes process, all ideas in Idea Conversations were reviewed by the Product Team. Any Idea that was associated with an identified theme was moved to the new Idea & Themes space. Any Idea that was not part of the move is being marked as Archived. This will preserve the history of the conversations while also letting Community members know that Instructure will not explore the request at this time.