Reader for Quizzes & Assignments.

0 Likes

Special Education students are not getting the support they need through this platform.  there is no way for students with reading difficulties to have their quizzes/assignments read via audio reader.  This causes a major educational roadblock for students that already struggle in academic setting.  I know all teachers would greatly appreciate this being address ASAP

Thanks

🔎 This idea has been archived. While this idea isn't open for comments, it is an important part of Instructure’s idea conversations and development process. Contributions like this are valuable as Instructure prioritizes work on new or existing features.

Tags (2)
2 Comments
HeatherAhern
Community Team
Community Team

Hello @MarcusDukes,

Accessibility for our users is very important to us and we want to continue to grow our software to be used by everyone. As a former Special Education teacher, I understand the importance of these accessibility tools. Although Canvas does not include a screen reader feature, we do test all features with four third-party tools, I will share them below.

• JAWS (latest version for Chrome/Firefox on Windows)
  • NVDA (latest version for Chrome/Firefox on Windows)
  • VoiceOver (latest version for Safari/Chrome on Macintosh and iOS mobile)
  • Talkback (latest version for Android mobile)

You can also see all of our other accessibility standards in this guide:

What are the Canvas accessibility standards?

We are always looking to improve our product for users of all abilities so we appreciate and encourage feedback on how we can make Canvas a more inclusive learning environment.

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Archived