Rubrics

0 Likes
(11)

I would love to be able to share a rubric I created with my team of teachers.   It is so easy to share a page or quiz, why not the rubric?

5 Comments
Renee_Carney
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Open

Hi @lisa_manes 

Thanks for starting this conversation.  There is interest in sharing a rubric to the Commons as well.

There is a way that rubrics can be entered at the account level and then shared with fellow instructors.  You'd need to work with your local Canvas admin to do this.  How do I add a rubric in an account? - Canvas Community 

jeff_pence
Community Participant

Could the Send to and Copy to buttons be added to the Rubric viewing page?

AMYWILSON
Community Novice

It would be so helpful if the Copy to and Send to options were added to rubrics like they are for assignments. Currently, rubrics can only be shared if they are attached to an assignment. My team will often link the rubric in the assignment but forget to attach it before they share it with everyone; this results in every team member individually having to add the rubric themselves since no one caught it until after students submitted it. 

emriddic
Community Member

Agreed.  My thoughts are coming from this perspective - I work in a public school in a state that has purchased statewide access to Canvas and I work in the second largest district in that state.  For example, it would be helpful if our AP teachers could share rubrics with other teachers in the through the Commons and those same teachers could copy and share rubrics with other teachers in other schools.  Additionally, many rubrics can be used interchangeably with assignments (think speaking and writing objectives in a foreign language class). The ability to copy and send rubrics (separate from the assignments) would be extremely helpful.  While I do appreciate the option for school division administrators to share rubrics, it would be helpful for our teachers to share indivually and in the Commons.   

ProductPanda
Instructure
Instructure
Status changed to: Archived
Comments from Instructure

As part of the new Ideas & Themes process, all ideas in Idea Conversations were reviewed by the Product Team. Any Idea that was associated with an identified theme was moved to the new Idea & Themes space. Any Idea that was not part of the move is being marked as Archived. This will preserve the history of the conversations while also letting Community members know that Instructure will not explore the request at this time.