Semester Grades

0 Likes
(2)

Please change the periods in the gradebook to contain 1st and 2nd semester Grade Totals. Currently, teachers can only choose All Periods, 3rd Quarter, or 4th Quarter.

In our school, our semester two grade encompasses both 3rd and 4th quarter grades. Now, they can only see one or the other. Therefore, from now until the end of the year, my students will not be able to see an accurate grade report on Canvas rendering the Grades button unusable. 

This is a normal grading system that I am sure many teachers use and would appreciate having the ability to choose. 

4 Comments
KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Moderating

Hi @BrookeBarfield -

Thank you for taking the time to share an Idea!

I did a search of our existing Ideas, and I found View both quarter grades at the same time and I'm wondering if that would align with what you posted. If so, I can merge the conversations together. If not, let's work together so Community members and Project Managers can tell what makes each request unique! Thanks. 🙂

BrookeBarfield
Community Member

I looked at the comment and they are similar, but mine is just wanting to add the feature of looking at grades based on semesters. Right now you only give the option for a single quarter or the whole year, but that is not how grades are relayed to the students. 

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Open

Hi! Thank you for clarifying @BrookeBarfield. This Idea will focus on the Student experience with multiple grading periods and the grades page.

ProductPanda
Instructure
Instructure
Status changed to: Archived
Comments from Instructure

As part of the new Ideas & Themes process, all ideas in Idea Conversations were reviewed by the Product Team. Any Idea that was associated with an identified theme was moved to the new Idea & Themes space. Any Idea that was not part of the move is being marked as Archived. This will preserve the history of the conversations while also letting Community members know that Instructure will not explore the request at this time.