SpeedGrader Improvement Request: Auto Populate the Score Box

0 Likes
(1)

I'm not sure if SpeedGrader and Canvas are separate or combined entities, but I am hoping that Canvas can make this improvement by itself or in concert with SpeedGrader. 

For scoring using rubrics, please auto-populate the score box when the instructor completes the rubric. Currently, the total score appears at the bottom of the rubric, but it does not always populate the score box at the top of the rubric. Instructors then need to scroll down to check the score, then scroll back up to enter it in the box. Automating this task would eliminate a step and save time for those who use rubrics often. 

Thanks!

🔎 This idea has been archived. While this idea isn't open for comments, it is an important part of Instructure’s idea conversations and development process. Contributions like this are valuable as Instructure prioritizes work on new or existing features.

2 Comments
KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Archived

Hi @jean_ferguson -

This is possible right now! 🎉

When you create a rubric, it is an option there (vs. in Speedgrader). When editing/creating a rubric, you'll want to check the Use rubric for assignment grading checkbox at the bottom of the window.

When I taught, I loved having the score populate automatically. Just the moments of doing math and entering the score add up when you have many things to assess. It left more time for individualized comments, which was great.

How do I add a rubric to an assignment? 

How do I use a rubric to grade submissions in SpeedGrader? 

jean_ferguson
Community Member

Yay! Thank you, KristinL!

I just went in and updated the setting on all of my rubrics.