Student submission permissions

0 Likes

Currently when a teacher choses submission types it just organizes the submission tabs for students and the students still have access to all methods.

For example: I want a G-doc submitted through the Web URL method due to permission issues but unfortunately all the option still appear for students and they often choose G-drive and then I do not have access to the file.

CANVAS needs to opaque any option NOT checked (approved) by the teacher.

Honestly, when it allows us to check and uncheck submissions options I assumed it was like that anyhow. 

It seems pointless to have a teacher check and uncheck submission options and then students still have access to all options.

🔎 This idea has been archived. While this idea isn't open for comments, it is an important part of Instructure’s idea conversations and development process. Contributions like this are valuable as Instructure prioritizes work on new or existing features.

Tags (2)
3 Comments
KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Moderating

Hi @Mr-Prop316 -

Thank you for sharing this Idea with the Community!

After a brief collaboration with a Support Agent, please reach out to Support officially. By creating a case, an agent will be able to help better diagnose what's happening. It sounds like something isn't quite right with that setting as students are only supposed to be able to see any submission options that are assigned to them by their instructor.

Please keep the Community updated!

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team

Hi @Mr-Prop316 -

I'm checking on this Idea! Were you able to collaborate with Support? If so, what did you learn?

We know life can get busy, yet if we don't hear from you by March 31, we will archive this thread so we can better focus on current requests. 

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Archived