Switch courses within an area in Canvas

0 Likes
(2)

For example: When I'm looking "Assignments" for one class, I'd love to have a drop-down menu that would allow me to choose another class, but stay in the "Announcements" area. 

When i'm looking at "Modules" for one class, it would be nice to be able to switch classes but still be looking at "Modules."

At this time we have to click Courses-->choose the appropriate class-->choose the appropriate section (Modules, Assignments, Discussion, etc.)

It would be helpful if we could save a couple of clicks when I'm checking the status of things. Those navigation clicks really add up.

5 Comments
MusicMarm
Community Member
Author

Is there a way to edit my idea title? I meant "Switch classes within a canvas section".

Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Status changed to: Open

crawfordt
Community Explorer

Yes, I concur. Blackboard had this feature and I used it all the time to switch between my multiple classes (that were not on the same schedule which was why they were not combined into the same shell). It is also useful when looking at old classes to see how you have "tweaked" things.

I particularly like it when I'm grading and want to switch between gradebooks.

Thanks.

MusicMarm
Community Member
Author

Here's an example of what I'm talking about. I can't believe this isn't a feature in Canvas. Every, single multi-class app I use has this drop-down, switch class feature. 

Screen Shot 2021-09-15 at 11.03.49 AM.png

ProductPanda
Instructure
Instructure
Status changed to: Archived
Comments from Instructure

As part of the new Ideas & Themes process, all ideas in Idea Conversations were reviewed by the Product Team. Any Idea that was associated with an identified theme was moved to the new Idea & Themes space. Any Idea that was not part of the move is being marked as Archived. This will preserve the history of the conversations while also letting Community members know that Instructure will not explore the request at this time.