Using due dates on Pages as well as assignments, quizzes and forums.

0 Likes

We have instructors at our institution who would like to use due dates on pages, headings and various other non interactive components in their courses in addition to the interactive activities within Canvas like the assignments, quizzes and discussions. For example they put information onto a Page and they assign a date for this information to be read or using a date on a heading that can be used to organize content in the Modules, etc.  They are requesting the idea of being able to update these dates at once in a similar manner that Canvas has for updating the date in bulk for the activities.

8 Comments
Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Status changed to: Moderating

@jrican 

Thanks for sharing this idea.  How do I add a page to the student To-Do list as a... - Canvas Community addresses what you're hoping to see: when the instructor enters a date, the page is added to the student's to-do list and creates an entry on the course calendar, and the due date displays at the top of the page, as depicted in the lesson. 

We aren't sure what you mean by adding due dates to non-interactive components, but each one of these would likely need to be prioritized separately, so please write separate ideas for each component (How do I create a new idea conversation in the Canvas Community?)

Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Status changed to: Archived

jrican
Community Explorer

Actually they are doing the above to add the page to the Student to do list, but are wanting a way to update these dates each semester like they can with assignments, quizzes, and discussions. So the non-interactive components are pages or headings (nothing for the student to do but read).

abigailott
Community Explorer

@Stef_retired 

Thanks for the information, Stefanie. I believe the idea / request is for the "Batch Edit" function to appear on "Pages" as it does on "Assignments."

Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

@jrican 

Thanks for offering that detail that the request relates to updating the to-do dates in a course copy or bulk date update. If I've understood correctly, then, this would need to be framed as separate requests to add to-do pages (and "headings," which would need to be further specified in that idea) to the items currently available in How do I adjust events and due dates in a course i... - Canvas Community or How do I adjust events and due dates in a course i... - Canvas Community , depending upon which one your teachers are using. Would you please author new and separate ideas that incorporate the context that will allow our members to evaluate your proposal?

Thanks again.

jrican
Community Explorer

Yes, I will! Thank you!

Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

@jrican 

Thanks so much! We're going to close comments on this so that feedback can continue on your new ideas without branching off.

Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni