View Assignment from Grades

0 Likes

For assignments submitted on paper, please activate the "Submit Assignment" button or create a similar "View Assignment" button so that students can access the assignment description from the Grades menu.

I use Canvas for a class that meets face-to-face. Many assignments are completed online, but some assignments are only submitted on paper. I upload assignments that students need to submit on paper, so that if a student is absent, they can complete the assignment from home and bring their paper to me when they return to school. If you open the assignment from Modules, it shows the assignment description, but if students open the assignment from grades, they cannot see the assignment description, therefore they cannot view the assignment instructions, links, or uploaded files. For assignments submitted online, there is a "Submit Assignment" button in the top corner that allows them to view the assignment description, but for assignments submitted on paper, there is no button. The "Submit Assignment" button, or a similar "View Assignment" button needs to be available for ALL submission types to help Canvas be more user friendly for students.

🔎 This idea has been archived. While this idea isn't open for comments, it is an important part of Instructure’s idea conversations and development process. Contributions like this are valuable as Instructure prioritizes work on new or existing features.

1 Comment
KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Archived

Hi @BetsyGray -

Thank you for sharing this Idea with the Community! It makes a lot of sense to help students find the information they need, no matter how they navigate to the activity.

With Assignment Enhancements, this has been addressed! While it is available as a Feature Preview, not all campuses have enabled the option for their courses. If you're curious to learn more, I think it would be a great conversation to start with the Tech Coach or Canvas Admin at your school.  What is Assignment Enhancements? 

I hope you enjoy exploring the new features with Assignments!