Viewport Grading

0 Likes

The idea is simple: have the ability to create viewports (sections of a document) that are associated with a rubric section so that you can grade that section of the rubric for all students, then go back and grade the next section for all students.

For example: A simple check for understanding with 2 questions uploaded as a pdf (via google or what not).

I could then go into speed grader, highlight question 1 and associate it with Q1 in my rubric. Do the same for Q2.

Then I could see the viewport of all answers to Q1 in a grid and highlight similar answers and mark the rubric for that selection. So I could highlight answers that are clearly correct and mark as full credit for Q1. Select all answers that are clearly incorrect and mark accordingly. Then clean up what is left as needed. Rinse and repeat.

This would significantly speed up grading as it reduces the number of clicks, allows for commenting on similar answers, and reduces mental switching grading assignments in their entirety one student at a time.

2 Comments
KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Open
Comments from Instructure

As part of the new Ideas & Themes process, all ideas in Idea Conversations were reviewed by the Product Team. Any Idea that was associated with an identified theme was moved to the new Idea & Themes space. Any Idea that was not part of the move is being marked as Archived. This will preserve the history of the conversations while also letting Community members know that Instructure will not explore the request at this time.

ProductPanda
Instructure
Instructure
Status changed to: Archived