[Gradebook] What if grading for instructors

Currently instructors cannot create hypothetical scores for students like What-If scores. This would be very helpful as we get close to the end of the quarter to see if a student has the ability to reach a particular grade or not.

Added to Theme

Provide more flexible grading options Theme Status: Identified

73 Comments
lhughes
Community Participant

Let me add my voice in favor of the "what if" grade function for instructors.

yrudoingthis
Community Member

Yes, please add this feature!

JeanBeaupre
Community Member

Yes please! This would be VERY helpful. Thank you!

TrinaBoice
Community Novice

Yes, PLEASE!

It seems like this wouldn't be a difficult feature to add to the Instructors' Canvas dashboard, since it already exists for students.

Students often ask me if I think they'll pass the class toward the end of the term.  This would be helpful for instructors to know!

Thanks!

Dr. Trina Boice

Arizona College of Nursing

NickiBurfield
Community Novice

This has been requested since 2016- please add my name to the would like to see the "What if" tool added for instructors! Please make this happen!

canvas_admin
Community Champion

I agree! Right now, instructors either have to teach the student how to use the "what-if" feature or instructors have to masquerade as the student if they want to do it themselves. 

erik_gustafson
Community Participant

This is a great idea. It would be helpful to be able to play with student scores, especially when instructors use a weighted grade system. It isn't super clear how it is calculated to students. So, I would welcome this feature.

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: New

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team