drill down on quiz responses: show individual students in random order

0 Likes

When clicking on "respondents" in the "question breakdown" of a quiz, it would be nice to be able to choose whether to display the names of students in alphabetical or in random order, and to be able to re-randomize the order in which they are displayed. 

See https://community.canvaslms.com/t5/Instructor-Guide/Once-I-publish-a-quiz-what-kinds-of-quiz-statist... "Each response also displays the number of respondents who selected the answer [6]. To view the names of the students who selected an answer choice, click the [x respondents] link."

I would like to use this feature in class. Eg, for a yes/no question, I would like to click on the "yes" bar to pull up the names of the students who said "yes", and then ask them to elaborate. By showing names randomly, and re-randomizing by clicking again, I can achieve more diverse and inclusive class participation.

3 Comments
Naomi
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Open

Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Status changed to: Archived

Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

Thanks for sharing this idea, @CharlesCorbett . The lesson linked in the idea description is specific to the quiz statistics report for Classic (Old) Quizzes. Our product teams are no longer developing new functionality on the code base for Classic Quizzes, which is scheduled for deprecation, so we've archived the idea.

If you're already using New Quizzes in your courses, please add your comment requesting an enhancement to the ongoing conversation at  New Quizzes: Download Quiz Statistics. If you're not, the resources in the New Quizzes User Group should help you get started; here's the documentation for reports in New Quizzes:  How do I view reports for a quiz in New Quizzes?