please enter the subject line that I type in the INBOX into the mailout

0 Likes
(1)

I enter a subject line in the INBOX window BUT it is not used in the mailout sent to the Instructor.  -- PLEASE CHANGE THIS asap

5 Comments
MichaelHasinoff
Community Novice
Author

Such information in the subject line would make it possible to search for old messages

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Moderating

Hi @MichaelHasinoff -

Thanks for sharing your concern and Idea with the Instructure Community.

I just tested this, and I was unable to replicate the issue with the message subject line. Have you experienced this multiple times? If so, have you worked with Support on your campus or with Canvas?

How do I contact Canvas Support? 

dxyl
Community Novice

Hi @KristinL I believe Michael is referring to the email notifications he receives from Canvas Conversation messages. The Canvas Conversation notifications that both students and instructors receive have the subject line “[name]([course]) just sent you a message in Canvas".

It would be useful to potentially have a more unique subject line to help with identifying notifications for Conversations in an email inbox (e.g. original subject line from the Canvas Conversations message).

As an example I have attached a screenshot that illustrates this issue.

Screen Shot 2022-03-03 at 2.12.07 PM.png

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Open

Thank you for the clarification! The idea and this discussion will focus on how to - Include the Subject Line from Inbox Messages in Email Notifications.

ProductPanda
Instructure
Instructure
Status changed to: Archived
Comments from Instructure

As part of the new Ideas & Themes process, all ideas in Idea Conversations were reviewed by the Product Team. Any Idea that was associated with an identified theme was moved to the new Idea & Themes space. Any Idea that was not part of the move is being marked as Archived. This will preserve the history of the conversations while also letting Community members know that Instructure will not explore the request at this time.