"Clear all annotations" button maybe accidentally touched to erase everything

0 Likes

I wish the presenter's tools bar on the right hand side of the screen of  Canvas Conference to the top, instead of the current right hand side. The current position is extremely inconvenient for iPad users who may accidentally touch the "Clear all annotations" button to erase everything we wrote on the screen. --- very embarrassing during lectures and we have to re-do the writing. 

3 Comments
Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Status changed to: Open

@QingwenHu  Thanks for sharing this feedback. Canvas Conferences is a third-party tool, Big Blue Button, managed by Blindside Networks. Instructure can't directly develop within the tool itself, so we'll bring this to the attention of BBB.

ffdixon
Partner
Partner
I am the product manager for BigBlueButton.  While I work at Blindside Networks, the company that provides hosting for Canvas Conferences to Instructure, and can't speak on behalf of Instructure, I can respond to your question.

It's a good suggestion. 

A bit easier option for us to implement would be to display a confirmation that would ensure they users can't accidentally clear without intent. 

We'll do a deeper look and let you know how we can improve this.

Regards,... Fred

BigBlueButton Developer

ProductPanda
Instructure
Instructure
Status changed to: Archived
Comments from Instructure

As part of the new Ideas & Themes process, all ideas in Idea Conversations were reviewed by the Product Team. Any Idea that was associated with an identified theme was moved to the new Idea & Themes space. Any Idea that was not part of the move is being marked as Archived. This will preserve the history of the conversations while also letting Community members know that Instructure will not explore the request at this time.