Beginner HTML and CSS for Canvas Course Design

background2.jpg
Published on ‎11-07-2023 01:55 PM by Community Coach | Updated on ‎11-30-2023 09:34 AM

Get ready to learn some fun things about HTML and CSS, the hidden magic behind many of the engaging pages you see on the internet. This session is the perfect starting point for educators and course designers who want to sprinkle a little digital creativity into their teaching. We'll explore the basics of the HTML editor in Canvas, showing you how simple it can be to personalize and enhance your course materials. No prior experience? No problem! We will demystify coding and make it easy. 

In this Instructure Live session we'll explore interactive examples and discover just how approachable HTML and CSS can be.  This will be a beginner session for people who don't want to be overwhelmed by tech speak - just clear examples that show how straightforward changes to HTML and CSS can significantly enhance the look and functionality of your Canvas courses. We'll create layouts and styles that will make your Canvas content "pop" and by the end of our time together, you'll have the confidence and know-how to start designing your own vibrant content. 

Featured Guests
Community Coach
Community Coach

Event has ended
You can no longer attend this event.

Labels (2)
3 Comments
DrNufer
Community Coach

Thanks everyone for joining!  Here is the link to the page we created together:

https://canvas.instructure.com/courses/2560052/pages/basic-html-demo

The HTML/CSS code for the content is on the bottom of the page, if you want to copy and tinker with it.  I'll post the link to the recording a little later when it finishes rendering.

DrNufer
Community Coach

Here is the link to the recording and transcript, for those interested:

https://tcsedsystem.zoom.us/rec/share/BlqRADq_-UKfwEl2AopjSmktBwuBK83IPv9UcHkmvmq2HoMvEXyJgOg6LeECGk... 

ValerieBriden
Community Novice

Hi, I recently used the CANVA course to teach HTML / CSS to my high school class. I loved the curriculum but found that using Brackets, while pretty simple had some issues. My specific question is how can we export the Brackets files as a whole website so I can have my students share their content with me and I don't have to sit at individual pcs in order to view their work?

thanks for your help. (not sure this is the correct forum)